Monday 17 April 2017

Athara Nala (Eighteen passages)

On my last visit to Odisha on the month of February 2017, I planned to go to Puri for the darshan of Lord Jagganath. Though I always make a point to visit there for the sensible attachment with the culture of odisha. Just before the entrance of Puri, we have to cross a bridge that always a matter of attraction for me. I requested my driver to wait just at the side of the road near the bridge so that I could take a snap .I counted the arches type of passages that was 18 in total number. I astonished to see the architectural style of Odisha. Indeed, It was a medieval odishan architecture made by  Bhanudeb of the Ganga Dynasty in the 13th century on the river Muthiya. Almost all tourist who visit Puri they all enjoy the beauty of this Bridge known as Atharnala or  Bridge of 18th passages. Its a wonderful adjoining linkage with Puri. Besides a tourist attraction, Atharanala is a bridge of religious sentiment for the people of Odisha.

No comments:

Post a Comment